Monday, January 18, 2016

Week Two: In Review



     I can hardly believe week two is already behind us, the journey still feels so young. That being said, I'm definitely starting to get into the rhythm of Rep Term, and I can absolutely say that I understand what all the hype is about.
     Our Monday morning company meeting was held with a sad feeling in our hearts as we had heard the news of David Bowie. But, as they say, the show must go on. Craig introduced the models for both of our sets, which we passed around with excitement, no doubt imagining ourselves as tiny people walking around the platforms. A couple more important announcements were made and we were released into the week.
     Having a schedule that changes everyday was a little startling at first, but now I've learned that the only way to get through a week is to expect the unexpected. For example, this past week I yanked yellow stitching out of thick black fabric with a pair of tweezers for the costume shop. I burnt several of my fingers hot-gluing feathers and googly eyes onto a styrofoam ball for the props team. For PR I sent several "official" emails, and let me tell you, in the adult world scheduling a meeting is not as easy as it would seem. I said cheese in front of Peter Bailey's camera, and then laughed at what he had captured. I anguished over the perfect verb to use when marking out my scene and line tactics, and this is only the beginning.
     All I can say is how much I love every minute of it. Even Saturday's five hour rehearsal was a joy to be a part of. What I'm learning is that something can be challenging, and annoyingly difficult or tedious, but if it's a part of what you love and are impassioned by, then you've found a pretty remarkable balance of challenging yourself and your skills, and having a blast at the same time.

Bring it on week three!


Martha Brown
Door... Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere



Danielle Freeman studies Craig Choma's The Secret in the Wings set model.















Bird props for Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment